Fast, easy and fantastic. Here’s a recipe I adapted from some of the Indian cooking classes I’ve taken in Kerala and Mysore. It came out great. It really like a meal onto itself. You can eat this with baked bread or basmati rice rather than roti.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tbsp coriander spice
- 1 ¼ tsp tamarind paste
- 1 chopped small ginger
- 1 cup grated coconut
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- Bake the eggplant for 15-20 minutes. Prick with a fork before baking.
- Add oil to the skin.
- Once the eggplant is baked (a knife will enter the skin smoothly) peel and chop.
- Add to a blender the coconut, coriander, salt and tamarind paste, and ginger.
- Blend together with the eggplant and add a little filtered water.
1. In a pan add the oil and mustard seeds. Cook until they ‘pop’.
2. Gently add the chutney and stir.
© Copyright of Heather Morton, The Yoga Way, 2013. All written rights reserved.