Great for the summer. I revamped the original recipe that I found on the internet. Even if you don’t have all the necessary ingredients you can still find a good balance in preparing the soup. I have made it without the scallions, green onions and ginger
- 3-4 cucumbers
- 1-2 scallions
- 1-2 green onions
- half of a white onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- handful of fresh basil
- mint leaves
- 2-3 cups plain yogurt
- Slice and cut all the cucumbers into cubes.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt. Refrigerate until the salt turns into water. Usually takes 1-2 hours.
- Chopped all the ingredients and add to the cucumber except the mint.
- Place in a blender and mix until fine.
- Empty into a bowl and add 1 cup of yogurt while stirring manually.
- You can use up to 3 cups (or less) of yogurt.
- Add salt to taste and mint leaves to decorate.
A simple, but great starter for a summer lunch or dinner.
© Copyright of Heather Morton, The Yoga Way, 2017. All written rights reserved.