- 2 tablespoons golden flax meal
- ½ cup + 2 tbso non-diary milk or milk
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups + 2 tbspflour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cup sugar or substitute
- 1 ¾ cup unsalted peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, ghee or butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350F (177C). Add group 1 together and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl add group 2, mix and put aside.
3. In another bowl add group 3, mix followed by group 1, mix and group 4 and mix.
4. Start adding group 2 (flour mix) and incorporate together. Use a spoon or dig in with your hands.
5. Roll into 1 ½ inch balls and spread out on a cookie sheet.
Some Helpful Tips:
- I added chocolate chips to the flattened dough while on the cookie sheet. This gave a more chocolatey taste (peanut butter can be overpowering).
- Don’t flatten the cookies too much (they’ll spread while cooking). For a big cookie make big balls. 🙂
- Watch your cooking time. They may not look done but if you want your cookies crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside this is an important aspect! Approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- I experimented using the heat only from the bottom and another batch from both the top and bottom. The cookies turned out the best with the bottom setting.
© Copyright of Heather Morton, The Yoga Way, 2013. All written rights reserved.